Saturday, July 22, 2006

A Little Boy At Home.

A little boy came home today. After 36 days at St. Christopher's Children's Hospital in Philadelphia, Dillon was released to go home. God is truly good and we are so thankful. His grandparents came in from Ohio yesterday, and are excited to spend the week here in our small town, rather than in Philadelphia! For the past month, I got to spend at least one day a week down at the hospital, and it's not something I'll likely forget any time soon.

Up until a couple of years ago, my church almost seemed to take *for granted* babies. That all changed when one family adopted a boy with some needs, when my autistic nephew was born, when a lady miscarried at 7 1/2 months (and the day after her baby shower), and when Dillon had complications. Each baby is special and no longer taken for granted. Check out Brittney's blog for an excellent post... http://aletheialiberty.blogspot.com/.


My youngest nephew had several tests done this week at CHOP, but so far they have revealed nothing. I just think he's a little peanut, but I'm glad they're doing the tests to be sure... Mr. Andrew didn't think too highly of being strapped down, and poked, and prodded, so he was in a grumpy mood last night and decided to let it all out during the 1/2 hour car ride. Pity my sister! So she called me up because she needed to talk to someone and she knew I can deal with the crying... Aww! I would have prefered to hold him and rock him to sleep. Soon, I hope.
Anyway, here's a cute poem I found on little boys...
WELCOME HOME DILLON!!!


Little Boys
Little boys come in all shapes and sizes, Shy and adventurous, full of surprises, With misshapen halos and mischievous grins, Small dirty faces, and sweet, sticky chins. They'll keep you so busy, and yet all the while Nothing can brighten the world like their smile.And no greater treasure has brought homes more joy Than a curious, active, and lovable boy!

6 comments:

Samantha said...

That's a sweet poem! It makes me think of my nephews. Especially the part about the mischevious grins :) I'm glad that your nephew is going to be okay! In Christ,
Samantha

pamela s said...

Hi, Anne,
Thanks for your comment on my blog. I live in Southeastern PA, and from the looks of it from your blog, your probably do too!
I'm so happy for you & your newphew. God is good.

Anne said...

Thanks for stopping by Samantha:D God always amazes me with His mercy.
I do live in the Southeastern section Pamela... I'm just wondering if we're done with the storms yet;).

Si said...

We're glad to be home! Check out his recent pics at http://www.josiahntiffany.com/external.html

Si said...

updated to www.JosiahnTiffany.com/family.html :-)

Tiffany said...

Now that I am home I want to take a moment to tell Anne how much of a blessing she has been to me and to say thank you (somehow thank you doesn't seem to be able to sum up how much I appreciate you and all you have done for us). I don't know what I would do without your friendship. I want to write a lot more but I have to go feed Dillon so I will write more later!