Sunday, August 27, 2006

Just Being Me Again!

A week really is not complete without doing something stupid... but of course, you know that about me from my other post on whacking myself in the chin with a bungee cord:D.

Well, this week was no different. On Monday a man in my church was steamcleaning the carpets throughout the entire church as part of what we call "super-duper cleaning". Since we have no custodian(s), each family in the church is on a cleaning routine about once every 4-5 months. Then in August the entire church family pitches in (willingly of course;)... riiiight) to clean the whole building in preparation for the school kids to come back at the end of August and wreck havoc on all that was cleaned during the month! (I'm partially kidding here... but not really!).

So anyway, Bro. Butch was cleaning and Sarah and I were moving boxes from a downstairs room to an upstairs room. As we passed Bro. Butch by the stairs, we asked if we could walk there and he said, "Oh yes, that's fine as long as you don't slip." I replied, "Well, it's me so of course I'm going to slip!!!" He laughed as he said, "Oh don't worry; you'll be fine."

HA.

Bro. Butch apparently doesn't know me very well, for I have an amazing track record of falling up the stairs. I was on the third stair when I slipped from the wet stairs and frantically grabbed on to the banister, thankful there was one there or else I would've fallen down the other set of stairs;).

As I attempted to gracefully recover from my very un-ladylike fall, I glanced behind me to see Bro. Butch trying not to laugh as he suddenly looked rather intently at the carpet:). I couldn't resist saying, "I knew it!" He just laughed, as did Sarah I might add! What a friend:D. Oh well, that's just the way it is sometimes!

3 comments:

Polka Dotted Pickles said...

:) I know what you mean about falling up stairs! I do it way too often....:)

Kristi said...

Poor Anne. It's terrible that your friend and Brother Butch found it so funny.....but I must confess, I laughed too. LOL

~Kristi

Anne said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only, ah, *klutzy* one! Glad it provided y'all with a grin:)