Thursday, September 14, 2006

Reflections.

Just in case you were wondering, or if you care:), this is who I was with this past weekend:

And these people... (my siblings and their spouses:D. My brother - to the right - was in between an "Anne" sandwich, as he likes to call it)...

And this little cutie pie..



It was a fun, but busy 5 days. We started it off by going to Shady Maples last Thursday night. It's the best and worth the long drive! My sister and brother-in-law (from Florida) don't get to eat PA Dutch food, so this was a real treat;).

The next two days were spent just hanging out together. We only see our "southern" family a couple of times a year, so we don't need much to "do", other than sit around and talk or play games together. Of course with a toddler there, we were kept in stitches as Bayley did one funny thing after another! Plus if you just start to touch him, he bursts into giggles... so we giggled at his giggles;). Unless you have nephews and nieces, you won't know what I'm talking about:D.

The rest of the time just flew by... which is the way it always is. You know what I mean; it seems like your time together is just beginning when it's time to say good-bye. Makes me think of Heaven where there will be no good-byes.

It might not sound like a whole lot, but it's a memory I'll keep tucked away. Family time is so sweet, especially with little ones rolled into the mix!

Towards the end of my sister and brother-in-law's visit, the girls I coach had a volleyball game. While we didn't win, we DID come close to it in the last game. Valley Forge beat us 25-22. That's for all of you former EBAers who remember the countless times EBA lost, and the one time EBA WON! We still have a chance yet! Anyway, to see pictures from the weekend and from the game, go here.

I had a great weekend, but I was reminded of how things pile up when I neglect them! That's just the way it is though, and I wouldn't trade the time spend with my family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous picture that first one is! The lighting and the capricious expression and pose...love it! Family times are the best!