Friday, December 1, 2006

That Day.

I started Thursday morning praying for my pregnant sister who thought she might have lost her baby and I ended the day praying my 1-year old nephew. The good news is my sister did not lose her baby; she hadn't felt movement for a while and was losing weight, but the doctor just said the baby was hanging out on the lower left side just trying to get comfortable :o). But the not-so-good news is that my nephew Andrew has a lot of problems with his little body. He was at the emergency room 3 times in 4 days and had all sorts of tests, x-rays, IVs and other stuff done to him.


My sister called me at work yesterday afternoon practically crying and begging me to come down early so I had to rearrange some plans (sorry Josiah & Tiff :-( ), but when I got down here to Philly, I could see that I was definitely needed. My friend and I were just talking the other day about when a people hit low points. Well, my sister definitely hit a low point with what the doctor told her on the phone. Although I felt badly about not being able to help my friends out, there's a verse that came to mind last night: "The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord" and that was true for me yesterday. Normally on a Thursday night, I go to a Chinese Bible Study, but I decided against that last night since I had a family function (that I missed anyway:D) and I had told Tiff I would help her too. If this had been a normal Thursday, I would've been unable to come help my sister, so God worked it out for good!

Yesterday morning in my devotions I read about how Joshua conquered various cities but the Bible specifically says "and they took it on that day" or "he utterly destroyed that day" (Joshua 10: 35). God doesn't give us all the battles on one day... He only gives to us what we can handle that day and nothing else. How fitting that those were the verses I read in the morning!

If you think of it, please pray for my little nephew. Not only does he have mono, but he also has a very poor immune system so that means that even a little sniffle could be dangerous. But although he has been sick, I have enjoyed more snuggles, hugs, and laughter than usual :o).

No comments: