Sunday, May 20, 2007

Fifteen Days.

I've entered the "when do you leave?" stage and that question is coming from just about everybody:o). I really don't mind because it shows me that people care enough to know when I leave (hmm, I hope it's not a subtle hint that I need to leave soon!!!) and that they will be praying for me (please do!!!). I think Rachel summed it up the best in a recent e-mail:


I know the days will speed by for me, but at the same time, they will drag. Isn’t that the strangest feeling in the world? I’m sure that you are feeling it too. There is so much going on, SO much to do, that you just feel like your world is spinning out of control. And then there is that thing off in the distance that you are so looking forward to, that the days seem to crawl along, leaving it as an ever-unattainable goal.

It is so true! The days seem to be crawling along at an incredibly slow rate and yet they are also whizzing right by! It's hard to explain. I am thrilled with the opportunity to go to Thailand, but I don't want to get so caught up in "going" that I miss out on "living" the days between now and then. God intends for me to live in the present... remembering the past and the blessings of yesterday...looking forward to future blessings and events... but taking it one day at a time.

This evening Bro. Jack Lancaster preached from 2 Corinthians 3:17 ~ "Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty." One comment he made was this: "If I'm where He is, He will take care of me." He will take care of me! Whether in Pennsylvania or Thailand, as long as I'm walking in His will, I am guaranteed guidance by His Hand. Oh the thought!

The countdown is now at fifteen days... just in case you were going to ask "when do you leave?":o). I don't mind that question; just don't ask me if I'm ready to go. After all - I don't leave for another fifteen days... plenty of time left to pile, sort, and pack;o).

4 comments:

Brittney said...

Oh my, that's not long from now! I pray you have a safe trip and that the Lord uses you in ways you can't even dream of! ;) (((HUGS)))

Kristi said...

WOW! Fifteen days. And you're right about the Lord wanting you to take one day at a time.
I'm excited about you going. Will you be able to post at all while you're there? And please, don't forget your camera!! I'll certainly be praying for you during these fifteen days and for your travels.

~Kristi

Dear Abbi said...

You certainly DO have a lot of "living" to do before you leave...family visits, GRADUATION, and all! I'm so happy for you!

Courtney, Jer.33:3 said...

How long will you be gone....or, did I miss reading that piece of info??? :)
TAKE LOTS OF PICS!!