Thursday, June 7, 2007

The Adventure Has Begun.

Just a little FYI ~ I did arrive in Thailand safely:o). Getting to JFK Airport was a little bit of an adventure, and I was even a little concerned that I might not have enough time to check-in and get through security; HA! Even though I arrived 1/2 hour later than when I wanted to, it only took me 20 minutes to go through everything. So I sat at my gate, pen in hand, writing out thank-you notes from graduation.

Once I got on the plane, I fell asleep right away and totally missed the fact that we were just sitting on the ground! I was tired!!! Sleeping on a plane is never on my "to-do" list, but I made do with what I had to work with:o). After a very uneventful flight (that's always a good thing!), I arrived and made it through customs within a couple of minutes... I'm just wondering if on my way home it's going to be that easy;o).

Later on we went to Future Park where I had my first taste of kimchee at a Japanese restaurant. I should've, should've, should've tried using the chopsticks Junijie gave me for my birthday... I'm determined to master them before I leave!

I'm trying to get myself on Thailand time, and it was nice to talk with April (one of my roommates) for 3 hours until midnight. Going to bed at 12 and waking up at 5:30 is a short night, but I'm hoping to get it down pat within a few days:o).

Driving around with Bro.Gaudet has definitely been a reminder of the USA; especially on the streets of NYC. But I love it! Being in Thailand for a grand total of 1 day does not make me an expert, but I think I'm going to like it here:D.

And that my friends, was my little journey to get here:o). We jumped right in today on working on the "Good and Evil" booklet, and it's a little out of my comfort zone, but I am definitely ready and willing to learn! But hey, this whole trip could be classified as under "out of my comfort zone". But it's a good thing; I'm sure about that!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Glad you made it there safe, Anne. I hope you adjust quickly to the time and that you master your chopsticks. If you don't master them, they make great hair accessories. :P

~Kristi

Rachel said...

See, you're already braver than I in that you tried the kimchee!!!! :) Ha. Actually, in my defense, I had tried kimchee a couple years ago and already knew that I really didn't like the stuff.

Glad everything is going alright!

Dear Abbi said...

Yeah! Glad to hear that you made it OK!

Let the work begin, right?! Keep us posted! :)