Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Just Because...

... I thought you might need some extra reading over the weekend:o), hence the three (three!) posts in one day. I found this blog recently (blog-hopping:o)), and then I read this article tonight and thought this was a rather well-written post on the issue of being too content as a single. This paragraph kinda sums in up (emphasis mine):

Another thing we should be cautious about, I think, is being too perfectly happy as singles. How does that work with finding contentedness in each season of our lives? I think the message we should be sending isn't 'I'm quite happy as I am right now, thank you very much, and I don't need anything else', but rather, 'I'm happy, but I feel ready to move on to the next stage, and I'm eagerly anticipating it.'


So while this will probably not be applicable to 98% of my readers:o), I figured that it might explain what I've often thought but never put into words. So hopefully you can read it, and maybe things would make a little more sense to you in understanding what I do and why I do it... all the time waiting for what I believe God has in store for me one day (but not pining and moping away my time as a single.)

Confused yet?:o)

Then that's life with me... in a nutshell!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

"...pining and moping..." There are so many singles who are doing this and not living up to the potential God would have for them. Praise the Lord for those few, like you, who are looking to the author and finisher of your faith. You're a testimony to other singles. You're a testimony to me!

~Kristi