Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Standing With The God Of The Bible.

I am a Christian because God says so, and I did what he told me to do, and I stand on God's Word and if the Book goes down, I'll go down with it. If God goes down, I'll go with Him, and if there were any other kind of God, except that God, I would have been shipwrecked long ago.

Twenty-seven years ago in Chicago I piled all I had, my reputation, my character, my wife, children, home; I staked my soul, everything I had, on the God of the Bible, and the Christ of that Bible, and I won.

~Billy Sunday~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought it was high time I came and left a comment! I read your posts faithfully, but I am not very faithful at commenting, as you can tell. ;)

I always enjoy the quotes you put up, and this one was no exception. Thanks!

Abigail said...

Wow Anne, what a great thought. I really like this quote. So much, in fact, I'm putting it in my quote book.

Anonymous said...

Anne~
Thanks for the comment on my blog. My good friend and her family are going to the city tomorrow too, so keep a lookout for them! They'll be uptown, skating in Rockefeller Center, etc. I think you've seen her blog before, Melissa at "What a Wonderful World."
Have a great day in there and get some good stuff, maybe go to Canal Street and shop the vendors! They also have great ornaments in Macy's, you just have to find the right floor! Try Chevy's in Times Square for lunch, it is delicious(Mexican), or Chipotles on 34 Street is also good. I'll be looking forward to seeing pictures! : )