Jendi tagged me for this meme a little bit ago and since I forwarded this along to about 20 girls via e-mail, I figured I would post it here too:o). Feel free to consider yourself tagged in doing this meme if you haven't done it yet!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I normally go with gift bags unless I'm watching a movie and want something "to do" and then I wrap.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real:o)
3 . When do you put up the tree? For the past couple of years we haven't done one; when we used to do it, it was usually early December. This year we actually got one for free so we'll be putting it up soon!
4. When do you take the tree down? Right around January 6th or 7th.
5. Do you like egg nog? Nope.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? My Pound Puppy... he was my favorite for years!
7. Do you have a nativity scene? My mom has a pretty ceramic one she made.
8. Hardest person to buy for? Without a doubt, my dad.
9 . Easiest person to buy for? My sisters.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail Christmas cards for sure!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A sketching pad when I was about 7... I hated to draw and it was one of a couple gifts I got that year.
12 . Favorite Christmas movie? I like Little Women because it starts out being Christmas. I guess It's A Wonderful Life would have to be the classic Christmas movie:o).
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? As I see things all throughout the year.
14 . Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? If I wasn't going to use it then yes.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Poppy seed Roll.
16 . Clear lights or colored on the tree? It depends... if all the decorations are quaint and elegant then clear. But if everything is a little more festive then color.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Hmmm... I'm not sure. I guess when I think of all the "traditional" songs it would have to be "Little Drummer Boy". But we've done cantatas for several years now and I always remember the song "Let the Joy Begin" (the real title is Joy to the World, but that could get confusing:o).
18. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star.
19. When do you open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Sometime on Christmas Day. We would always wait until everyone in the house came downstairs and then we would open the gifts one at a time, starting with Dad and finally ending with me! It was a really nice way to do it, and that way we got to share in everyone's gifts.
20 . Most annoying thing about this time of year? The covetousness.
21 . Favorite ornament theme or color? I have a few ornaments that were handmade by people who are no longer alive so those are kinda special.
22. Favorite for Christmas dinner? I'm not too picky besides having Cranberry Sauce! I LOVE cranberry!!!
23. Favorite Christmas memory? When we had 20 family members over for dinner.
24. What do you want for Christmas this year? I don't want anything (unless it's a ticket back to Thailand!) The Lord has abundantly blessed me by meeting my needs.