Each President's Day, my church holds its own tradition of sorts: renting a rollar-skating rink for three hours where the whole church can come and rollar-skate to Christian music! You may ask, how did this tradition start? Well, like Tevye, I must say, "I don't know!"
But it is tradition...
- ... for it to rain on President's Day (What a good day to hold an indoor activity!).
- ... for the main highway used to travel to the skating rink to be cloggged with people coming home from their own extended weekend.
- ... to trip over the young kids as they learn to skate:o).
- ... to play the four corners game and the limbo.
- ... to get a couple of blisters on the feet.
- ... to be tired and wonder why I even put on a pair of skates.
So tradition is what took me up to the rink yesterday. Lord willing I will be in Thailand next year at this time, and I don't think they have rollar-skating rinks, so tradition won out this year; and the blisters are just a little reminder of the good time that was had:o).