Saturday, February 23, 2008

Walking In The Fire.

Tiffany and I spent today together after planning this a month ago. Yup, you read that right. A month ago. Tiffany is at a complex stage in her life being a wife and also a mother to two little boys (and, well, I'm not sure what my excuse is; something about planning to go out of the country for a while.... I know, blah, blah, blah!).

So we went down to Sight & Sound Theatres in Stausburg, PA to see the performance about Daniel.



(Don't the trees block the building just beautifully?!?)

Having seen 7 various shows over 8 years, I last saw Daniel in 2000 when my high school took an end-of-the-year field trip here. So it had been a while since I was "wowed" by the amazing ability of the S&S team in regards to Daniel:o).

I always enjoy coming to the shows. My favorite one was Ruth ~ I saw that one twice! But Daniel was very good as well. The part today that really got me thinking was when the 3 Hebrew children were thrown into the fiery furnace. I thought about theses verses:


Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonied, and rose up in haste, and spake, and said unto his counsellers, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king. He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God. ~ Daniel 3:24-25


A chill ran up and down my arms during the very next song as it talked about God going through the fire with us... what a precious thought! There is nothing that I will go through that God will say, "Ok, you're on your own with this one." There will never be a time when God drops me off at the entrance to a huge trial and shouts, "You'll be fine! Have a great time!"

No. That verse specifically says that Nebuchadnezzar saw four men loose (with the form of the fourth like the Son of God), walking in the midst of the fire. So that means to me that I will face fires in my life; it is to be expected. But I can also expect the Lord to walk right there with me!

Sight & Sound did their best with the flaming fire... but when it comes to the real "fires" in my life, I don't want a Christian production team helping me out. I know it's going to be my God walking in the midst of the fire with me... just as He did with those Hebrew children!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

It was excellent! Thank you for taking us! It was good to spend time with you - even if we did have to plan it a month in advance!! :-) So when are we planning the Thai dinner for?

Anonymous said...

Hello! I just came across your blog. I love that story from the Bible. When I was a little girl, I bought this little card from a Christian book store that said "Nothing is going to happen, Lord, that you and I can't handle together." I have always loved that and still have it to this day.

Thanks for the encouraging reminder that God will be with us through every trial we face.

Blessings,
Danielle