Friday, July 25, 2008

Sweet Memories.

On Thursday the girls I work with and I went to a cutsy luncheonette here in town in honor of it being "Christmas Eve" ~ Christmas in July of course! So Em and I went to the mall beforehand to do some things and while waiting for the rest of the girls, we snapped this picture:


Let me just stop and say for a moment that the Lord has really done an amazing thing in our lives and friendship. Em and I didn't hang out while we were in school, but a year ago she came home from a missions trip to Chile and I came home from a missions trip to Thailand, and she started working with me... and the rest, as they say, is history!

Once we got inside and ordered, some of us girls decided to look around at the gift/antique shop and then returned for our meal, which was unique. The lady who runs Sweet Memories likes to have unusual salads, soups, and sandwiches served and so we all started in on the meal. As we were eating, the girls presented me with a Christmas-y gift bag and one girl told me I had to wear the gift, which definitely piqued my curiosity!

Here the girls collected money and made it into a money necklace with sweet notes scattered around it! This was kind of a "going away" party since some of the girls will be on vacation when I actually leave... so this is a sweet memory I will cherish! Thanks girls:o).

2 comments:

Kristi said...

OH, Anne, that is so sweet. What a blessing.

~Kristi

Jennifer said...

Oh, how sweet!