Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11th.

Spending 9/11 in a country half-way around the world is... different. Since in Pennsylvania I live within a 2 hour drive of NYC and within 3 hours of DC, I was very much aware of what happened on that Tuesday morning seven years ago. Many people in my area make that daily commute to New York City, so my area was personally affected by that day.

But today as I think about September 11th and all the ramifications of that event, I think of the fact that America hasn't taken a step closer to God; no, the temporary spirituality was just that: temporarily.

I heard two songs today: "I'm Proud To Be An American" and "I Stand Redeemed." I am proud to be an American and thank the Lord for that privilege. But even more important than that is the fact that I am a Christian... that I CAN stand redeemed!

So today, on a day all Americans remember, I pray for my nation. I pray that she would turn back to the Lord. I pray for the Christians in America to develop a backbone and not be afraid to stand up for what's right. Because really, if I stand redeemed by the blood of the Lamb, is it not my responsibility to share that with others?

No comments: