Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Taking The Road Of Prayer.

Bylines seen on Instant Messenger today:

(First one): Obama and McCain are both retards.

(Second one): McCain is MUUUCH less of a retard.

(First one): No, they are both the same retardedness.

All the way at the bottom was a third one: We were blessed to hand deliver Dillon's Tract to Cindy McCain. Pray that God would bring forth the increase!

And then we sit back, shake our heads, and wonder what's wrong with the world! Let's pray for the election instead of name call. As God's people, it's our responsibility, not the world's. Why are we expecting our change to come from Washington when we haven't even prayed?


2 Chronicles 7:14 ~ "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heave, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've got to agree with you on this. I've been praying for the salvation of Hilary and Obama which seems humanly speaking *insane* (for it to ever happen??) But my God CAN and so I pray...

And I pray for our country. God can also use evil to accomplish His purpose, and so I pray.

My Bright Corner said...

Very true!

Kristi said...

Preach it, CHICKA!

~Kristi

Ashley said...

I AGREE!!!!

Tiffany said...

I have thought it to be impossible to see one of the McCains or Palins saved...but two people have been saved already. They are humans, they have a conscience and God could use His word in their hearts just as in anyone else's.

You never know what God might do!!!

(I must admit it seems MUCH more unlikely Obama could get saved....."oh, ye of little faith" I guess!)