Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Adios!

True to form, I have pictures to share:). Doesn't it seem like I do so many of my posts with pictures? I guess I figure the old adage of a picture is worth a thousand words is going to spare you all from reading 5,000 words on my part! So hence the pictures:).



My absolute favorite restaurant in all of Thailand ~ seriously! It even beats out a good restaurant in Chiang Mai:).

I suspect this restaurant is also Jon and Gracie's favorite - it has a playground;).

Now this is what we call liquid gold! Haven't see this stuff in a very long time!

Left to right: Pastor Jeseda, Arisa, baby Hannah, Carolyn, Lakeid, Lakanna, and me. These sweet people came up on Tuesday to have lunch with us and to tell me good-bye!

I'm extremely grateful the Lord provided an excellent church for me to go to while here in Bangkok. Pastor Jeseda has preached the Word of God so faithfully!

(Look at all that hair on their granddaughter's head!)


~~~~~~~


I suppose this is my last post from Thailand! The Lord has allowed me to be in Thailand for a little over a year and He has accomplished so much!!! However, the time has come for me to make my exit ~ stage right:). I start my journey home Thursday night (Bangkok time) and have so many mixed feelings right now. My co-workers have become family to me and we have shared so much throughout this year. It's also hard to explain how happy and content I am to be on the mission field ~ most people struggle with going to the mission field, but I struggle with leaving the mission field.

Thankfully I know that this is God leading me back to Pennsylvania and so I follow! Once I step on that plane at Suvarnabhumi Airport, I will be so excited to return home - I know it's true, because that's the way it always is for me:).

Before I close out this post though, I would like to issue a very heartfelt thank you to you - my blog readers. You've read my stories, prayed for me, and left very encouraging comments. Most of you I've never met and yet you've played a big role in my being in Thailand!

I can't tell you what is around the corner when I return home.... wait, actually I can! My plane gets in Friday afternoon and I'm leave Friday evening for a visit with my sister in Florida. I would appreciate any and all prayers as two friends and I drive the 18 hours south!

Once I return home from Florida, my life is quite literally an empty slate. I'm a little nervous with the unknown future, but I can't wait to see how the Lord is going to fill it all in!

3 comments:

lizzykristine said...

I can't believe your year is already done! It has been so fun to "follow along."

Welcome home to the next step of whatever God has planned for you. I know what you mean -- it was extremely difficult for me to leave the field, too. :)

Deborah said...

I look forward to hearing where the Lord leads you next!

Unknown said...

What a testimony of a job well done! Bless you!
And may you follow where He leads in the days to come!
A big hug!