Thursday, April 21, 2011

Trips, Trips, Trips.

One of the guys at church is mowing the grass right now and it smells so springish! I looked out my kitchen window earlier today and saw buds on the tree branches so I'm hopeful that spring is going to make a permanent move. I did notice that it's supposed to be raining off and on over the next several days, but April showers bring May flowers, right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My husband and I were recently talking about how much we have traveled (and will travel!) within our first year of marriage. No less then two international trips, two bus rides with teens from church, one airplane ride to Texas, and several car rides - most of them out to the mid-west. :) We traveled with our teens (by bus) two weeks ago, went to a couples' retreat in Lancaster last weekend and are getting ready to take yet another trip (by car) in two weeks! This trip (out to the mid-west again:D) will be our last trip before our BIG trip this summer!

The trip we're taking in two weeks is for a very, very special occasion: my husband is graduating!!! The graduation is taking place 24 hours away (helloooooo Sioux Falls, SD!!), so we're stopping over at our favorite town in northwest Indiana to visit my brother and his family. It just so happens they are the perfect half-way point, but that has nothing to do with our decision of stopping there.... absolutely nothing. :D

My sister-in-law and I started planning what we could do while we're there for the weekend, so I think we might train in to Chicago and eat popcorn. Oh yeah, there are a few other things we're going to do, but my brother absolutely loves a certain popcorn shop in Chicago and so we'll go eat popcorn. :D

Yep, we live exciting lives. :)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Yeah for that BIG TRIP!!! And I guess if the first year is any indication of how your whole married life will be, it's a good thing you like to travel! ;)