Wednesday, January 10, 2007

A Debut ~ "Bountiful Blessings".

I was thinking (dangerous, I know!) that too often the little blessings of life get overlooked. Yesterday in gym class I had all the girls share one blessing, but the stipulation was that it had to have been something that happened within the past week (since the start of the New Year) and the blessing couldn't be repeated. [I could see it now: 12 girls saying "It's such a blessing I get to go to camp this weekend.":o)] Most of the girls had a blessing, but for some reason, three of them just couldn't think of something. Finally I had them list 15 things that are everyday necessities and between the three of them, they got it (much to my relief!).

If you're a regular reader here at From my perspective, you'll know I don't have a set schedule that I follow. Some people have a specific topic for each day of the week, but I usually blog about whatever is happening in my life that day. But one thing I would like to do, from time to time, is have a post entitled "Bountiful Blessings". Now here's the part where you will have to help me out! Depending on my *blessing*, the posts might be short and sweet! But I would still like you (and yes I mean YOU!) to leave a blessing in the comment section after you've read the post. If you don't want to leave your name, that's fine. Go ahead and comment under anonymous but please, share the blessings!!!!! If you absolutely prefer not to comment, then I'll forgive you;o) but I really would like to hear what's going on for other people. I know that I can't be alone in being blessed by our great God:o). I have this Family Circle comic taped to the wall near my desk. It says, "Go ahead Jeffy, pray about it. Everything is little to God." There's nothing too big that my God can't do!

So, I'll be the first to share...

My friend (who shall remain nameless:oD) walked up to me tonight and asked if I wanted to go to Wendy's. We were trying to reach out to a church member's unsaved cousin, but I knew I had no money for Wendy's, so that's what I said. My friend reached into her purse and said, "Here, I'll give you a dollar." What a simple statement, and yet! She did not know that today I asked God to provide a dollar. You see, in my rush to get to the wedding in Maryland last Friday night, I didn't wait around for my brother-in-law to pay me for babysitting. I had just enough money for gas (down and back) and then had a couple of dollars to put towards our missionary group collection, so after Sunday, I had $.59 cents in my car cup holder. The thing I haven't been able to figure out all week was how I was going to pay my $1.50 toll on the PA Turnpike tomorrow night. So I asked God for a dollar to be provided for me today. And guess what! He did, through the form of my friend. My mom was standing by when my friend asked me that so she gave me a dollar as well for Wendys, but it was so neat to see God provide the dollar without me asking anyone for it!

God's good! I can't wait to hear what He has been doing in everyone else's lives. Please, please, please share. If you've never commented before, consider this your opportunity:o). By reading this blog, you have to have a blessing that you might not have thought of: the internet and access to a computer! So just remember, any and all blessings are welcome, including daily necessities too often taken for granted!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our oatmeal did not explode in the microwave this morning, for a change! (How is that for a "trivial" blessing?)

On a more serious note, my husband's uncle was able to sit up this week in a chair and "communicate." His condition is terminal, so this does not mean that he is going to recover indefinitely, but the fact that he has recovered this far is an answer to our prayers for more opportunities for us to be able to share the Gospel with him. Amen!

Anonymous said...

I think it's neat that He gave you a double portion!! :)

~Kristi

Anonymous said...

It's funny you posted this today. My two children have decided to go to camp, after not wanting to at first. This year I did not even say a word about going to camp but God worked on them and they wanted to go. The first blessing is that some (not me, to my shame, I was rebuked) were praying that they would go. Next, was a money issue. I did not have it for them to go and my daughter knew that so she almost did not say anything about wanting to go. Someone else shared this with me and when I asked her she said she did, but knew money was an issue. I told her we would figure out a way. I said "if God wants you at camp, He will provide the money." I received a phone call today saying that someone (I do not know who) wants to pay for one of my children to go to camp!!! AMEN I just hung up the phone and cried. My God had answered this prayer for me to provide the money for them to go. God has taught me so much this last week or two on prayer. HE ANSWERS, it's us who fail to ask. How much more we could see done if we just prayed believing.

Anonymous said...

This week my sister, who is 17 weeks pregnant, was having contractions. We were worried, probably especially so since my mom had two miscarriages around the 20th week of gestation. God was so good. He blessed my sis as well as the rest of us with peace and assurance, and after tests and an ultra sound, she's deemed fine. And no longer is the baby an "it" to us :D. We're so thrilled. What a blessing it is to have a Father to carry our needs to, and He hears and answers!!

Anonymous said...

I count it a blessing being a child of God, especially this week. We had a situation arise in our family and there were some concerns, but God's hand was very visible and everything was fine.

~Kristi

Anonymous said...

I made it to Thailand. In one piece. With all my luggage. Without doing anything (too) stupid. :o)

If you don't count dumping hot coffee all over myself, getting stuck in an elevator, throwing my glasses across the terminal, etc. :D

Anne said...

Abbi ~ That was one less mess to clean up, right?;) PTL Scott's uncle is still on this side of eternity!

Kristi ~ Isn't it good that God gives above and beyond?!?! It's sweet to know that He comforts His children through all the trials of life.

Paula ~ Amen! I look forward to seeing your girls at camp... God can work!

Brittleigh ~ That is a blessing. I have a sister who is 21 weeks pregnant so I know the feeling when it's touch and go. Isn't modern technology a marvel?!?! Now we can find out what the baby is before baby arrives;).

Rach ~ You said it all in that first sentence:). The important thing is that you arrived... gracefully and in style or not;).

Anonymous said...

Well, this is the first time I'm coming across your blog~ meandered over from By Grace ~ but I'm glad it was tonight, because I'd love to share a blessing! My husband just returned this afternoon from the Men's Retreat our church hosted in Hershey AND he excitedly shared with us how much he's learned about prayer!I'm very thankful for our church and for him. :)

Anonymous said...

By the way, I love your blog! ;)

Anne said...

Stacey ~ Isn't God good?!?!? Thanks for sharing your blessing;o)

Tiffany said...

Well a huge blessing for me was to hear from the lawyer today that the hosptial CANNOT make me pay the $53,000!! I am waiting now for it all to be cleared up, but at least I know that from everything he can see we do NOT have to pay that money!!!