Saturday, May 12, 2007

For Mother's Day.

Dear Mom ~

Happy Mother's Day!!! I think Mother's Day got missed in the hustle and bustle last year, and I'm sorry it seems to be that I'm coming or going on a trip around Mother's Day:o), but I wanted to take this opportunity to tell you how much I love you. And since you are quite proficient at getting to the blogs now:o), I figured I would post it here so you would have a nice surprise waiting for you when you check my blog!

You know that verse over in Proverbs 31 that says, "Her children arise up, and call her blessed."? I think I can speak for Mary, Tom, Michelle, and Phil when I say we are indeed blessed by you! The Spang girls sang this song last year and I think it fits you very well:


Stand in the gap; Stand, dear mother!
Stand in the gap, and pray.
Put on your armor, your warrior's armor.
Be ready both night and day.


Many a morning, when I went to EBA, I would go out to the open area and find you praying. Even now, when I'm rushing out the door to get to work, I'll see you in the sitting room, praying. I know that your children are often the subject of your prayers, particularly me. I greatly appreciate the times that you've prayed, asking God to direct my life and even being willing to let me go serve God wherever He calls. You have "stood in the gap" for us and I thank you for it.

I know that it's going to be hard for you to see me go to Thailand for 2 1/2 months. I am so thankful that you've had an ear to hear as I've recounted the blessings of just what God has done to get me on this trip! Despite how hard it is going to be on you, you have encouraged me throughout this whole time of preparation. Thank you for being so concerned about the financial aspect of it. I believe you have prayed about that very matter, and it is evident in the way God has so clearly provided!

Your grandchildren bring you such delight and you remember them with little things so often; particularly when Tiana, Tyler, and Trevor lived here. One day, these dear ones are going to learn what we know: you are a special lady!

So Mom, Happy Mother's Day. Enjoy this day for you are very much loved!

I love you,

~Anne~

No comments: