Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Just Another Blonde Moment!

This trip is destined to be full of blonde moments, based on an e-mail I sent to Bro. Tom and the reply I got before I even left:

Me ~ "I leave JFK at noon on Tuesday June 5th and get into Bangkok 4:10 PM on Wednesday June 6th."

Bro. Tom ~ "Anne, Gotta get more specific than that if you want to see our smiling faces at the airport. What is the airline and flight number?"

Uh, HELLO!!!

How blonde could I be?:o)

So with that as the pace setter, I've lived up to being a blonde, quick on accident, I assure you! (And btw, there's less "blondeness" now...April cut Psalm's and my hair tonight!)

I'll spare you all of the "I am so blonde!" moments, but this one I have to share.

Ever since I arrived two weeks ago, I jumped right in with the chores, doing my fair share. Well, the other day, I noticed the dish soap bottle was getting really low, so I mentioned to April we needed to buy some. She looked a little surprised that we went through the whole bottle, but two more people have come recently, meaning more dishes. Tonight was my turn to wash, and I decided to fill up the dish soap bottle with the soap. As I was staring quizzically at the color of the soap, Susie came into the kitchen and I asked, "Is this the right soap?" pointing to the yellow liquid. Susie said yes, so I replied, "Then why is this" (holding up the "dish" soap bottle) "green and this" (pointing to the extra soap) "yellow?"

Susie quickly informed me that the green stuff was vegetable water, not dish soap!!! So for the past two weeks, I've been washing all of our dishes with vegetable water, instead of using dish soap....

OH.

I felt pretty stupid for not realizing the difference, especially since "vegetable water" was clearly written in English, not in Thai:o).

Well, April and Susie had a good laugh over it, and I felt only slightly better when Psalm admitted she made the same mistake:o).

So that was another blonde moment brought to you by Anne... but don't worry, I'm rubbing off on April! She's had more blonde moments since I've gotten here;o). So maybe, she'll take away some of my blondeness;o).

5 comments:

Kristi said...

OH Anne, that is so hilarious I giggled out loud. You are just too funny~

~Kristi

Brittney said...

Haha, that *is* funny. I'm so glad I'm not the only one. :)

Katina said...

How funny. What is "vegetable water"? Something to wash veggies with? Or the water you used to wash veggies? Am I the only one who has never heard of this? If I am, I guess I should be blonde like you! :)

Anne said...

Katina ~ It's water you use to wash the vegetables... I vaguely remember someone using it in the states, but I have yet to (properly!) use it here:o).

Melissa said...

heehee, LOL!!

Seriously, Anne, laughing.......out.......loud! :)

It's a good thing no one else is here, it looks kind of odd to be laughing at a computer screen.