Sunday, July 15, 2007

No Worries!

This morning I got an e-mail from my mom with some disappointing (to me!) news. As I read over the e-mail, I thought, "Now what am I going to do?!?" I pondered what "I" was going to do on the way to church and began to worry right as a Vietnamese preacher got up to preach. Because he was preaching with a Thai interpreter, it took him about 15 minutes to tell us what the passage was going to be, but eventually he gave the reference - Matthew 6:33 ~ "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

What a balm that verse was to my soul! It brought instant peace and comfort to me as I realized what I was worrying about wasn't allowing me to seek first the kingdom of God.

The next verse he brought out was Proverbs 3:5-6 ~ "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."

Oh what a thought! What a promise! "He shall..."

While the preacher continued on, my eyes dropped down into Matthew 7. Now I don't know about you, but I tend to underline verses in my Bible or put musical notes next to the verses that can go to a song. I noticed one verse in particular had two music notes by it, so I began to read it. Matthew 7:7 ~ "Ask, and it shall be given you: seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:"

My eyes continued to move down the chapter and I saw verses 11-12 ~ "If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him? Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets."

The final verse I read was most precious - Matthew 6:34 ~ "Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof."

The problem isn't resolved, but God isn't broke, forgetful, and suddenly out of miracles! I'm looking forward to what my rich, remembering, miracle-working God is going to do!!!! My prayer was answered this morning...what a blessing to be able to meet with God!


On Sunday night...
The Lord answered my prayer in that as I was talking with someone back home on Sunday night, they pretty much started the conversation with: "The Lord laid it on my heart to..." The Lord provided!!!! Praise HIS name!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Anne, I smiled as I read your post tonight. What a blessing it is to be a child of God and that even in a worship service, on another continent, in a foreign language, God still uses that still small voice to speak, deal, and encourage His children. God is good...all the time.

~Kristi

Katina said...

What a great truth! Thanks for posting!

Jnaz said...

Hey Anne - pay attention in church next time :-)

seriously, glad the Lord is answering prayers for you!