Saturday, March 15, 2008

In Christ Alone.

So I really did mean to let ya'll know I was gonna be out of town for a few days with these munchkins (and a dozen more!)...




...and also enjoying some quiet time ...



... and the beauty of God's creation!



But, as you can see, I didn't. So sorry:o).


When I wasn't babysitting said munchkins, I was either sleeping or waking up in hopes of catching sunrise on the beach.


Wouldn't you know it, it was cloudy all morning long. That's Murphy for you!


But I really did enjoy going out and listening to the roar of the ocean and watching the waves slap against the sand and rocks. As I watched the water smash into the rocks, I thought about the trials of life that attack me.

Yes, they will come, but thankfully my security rests in Christ alone! The storms may come, but Praise the Lord for The Solid Rock!

As I sat on a bench doing my devotions, I could hear the storm of waves behind me. How fitting it was to be reading my Bible without a fear of all those waves.

The little "get-away" was good and it was especially nice to go the beach when no one else was there! But it's back to the real world for me... and some more two and three years for me in the morning:o).

2 comments:

Dear Abbi said...

Anne your pictures are gorgeous!!! I love all of them.

Glad you had a nice time.

Jennifer said...

It sounds so relaxing. Me and my family just got back from vacation but it wasn't very relaxing because we did so much. Already I am wishing for a day to simply relax. Maybe I'll go to the beach . . .