Monday, April 28, 2008

Exciting News... And A Little Mundane.

Sooo... I'm very excited about the fact that I bought my airline ticket for Thailand! The departure date is August 14th, and ironically enough, I enter Thailand on August 16th, one year after I left. It might seem a little early to be purchasing tickets, but with the rising cost of, well, everything, it's not gonna get any cheaper. Having bought the ticket makes this trip seem just a little more "real":o).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I leave two weeks from tomorrow for a week trip with a big destination in mind: graduation! I'm flying to Chicago where I'll be picked up by my Mid-West family; from there we'll drive up to South Dakota for graduation. And then, since we're in the area, my family and I are going to travel the extra hour (or five) to go to Mount Rushmore, since it is highly unlikely I'll ever get to that section of the country again:o).


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday was a "family day" since my soon-to-be sister-in-law's bridal shower was that day. I'm excited that they are finally getting married:o).


(Myself, Phil, Tom, and Mom after the shower)

The big day is coming up on May 24th, which will be a crazy time for me. I'll just be coming back from graduation and a ton of family will be in, so posting might be sparse then. But you're used to that by now, aren't ya?!? Don't worry; I'll be a very faithful blogger in Thailand again, I'm sure!

5 comments:

Kate said...

Such exciting happenings!
Looking forward to hearing all about it!

Jennifer said...

How exciting! I'm glad to hear you will be able to blog while you are in Thailand. I can't wait to hear what is happening over there!

Jennifer said...

How exciting! I'm glad to hear you will be able to blog while you are in Thailand. I can't wait to hear what is happening over there!

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elisabeth said...

Wow! I haven't checked your blog for a while, but I'm so excited that you'be got your ticket! Yay ... God is soooooo good! :->