Sunday, May 4, 2008

The Local, New Testament, Baptist Church.

I had such a great day in the Lord's house today! For Sunday School, we studied Hebrews 10:24-25 using the Seven Step Bible Study Tool method (the link will explain what it is), which was just great. All week long, I would read those two verses over and over again in my personal devotions and just walked away with a blessing each day. We were given about 45 minutes to discuss the verses in our various classes, but my class only got through step #3. The discussion was really good though!

For the morning service I was in nursery (which was very edifying, I assure you!);o). But then tonight in church... wow! Let me just share a little bit from the message. The assistant pastor preached on "The Believer's Responsibility To The Local Church" and had five quick points:

  1. Join the church
  2. Attend the church
  3. Serve the Lord through the church
  4. Give through the church
  5. Love the church

The thing that Bro. Ronnie mentioned that got me thinking was this: God values the local church and if I don't, then I don't value what God does.

In short, God has placed me in the exact local church He wants me at. I praise the Lord for Lehigh Valley Baptist Church and am so thankful I have never had to go "church hunting". God placed me here at LVBC 11 years ago, and as far as I'm concerned, this is where I belong and am staying until God picks me up and moves me along.

Although I plan to be gone for a year in Thailand, that trip is under the auspices of my home church. My local church is the place I plan on coming back to when this next missions trip is over.

Someone recently told me I am a nun. When I asked what that meant, the person replied that I'm always doing things with the church. AMEN! That's the best place for me to be at... although we do have a joke about the Baptist Nunnery;o).

The last question of the night Bro. Ronnie asked was this: Am I ministering to the body of my local church? That's the way it should be!

No comments: