Wednesday, July 16, 2008

WFMW - Accountability

Several weeks ago (months???), my church began an accountability program regarding memorization. It's pretty simple actually. You memorize a verse once every two weeks and then say it to your accountability partner. Once that's done, you go check it off on the big poster board in the foyer (you know, where everyone can see how you are doing!) This has really worked well for me in hiding God's Word in my heart.

I also have an accountability partner for four other areas: my speech, movies, devotions, and maintaining a pure heart as a single. Each area has been assigned to a different friend who periodically checks up on me to see how I'm doing, and sometimes to prod me along! Most of these accountability partnerships will come to an end when I leave for Thailand, but it's been such a good thing to have in place all summer long. My pastor recommended that not one person has "all access" to my life and I've found that particularly helpful. Each lady has her own area to check me on, and that's the best thing for me!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

What a great idea about not letting one person have "all access" to your life!