Saturday, October 25, 2008

Facing The Giants.

I'm sure some of you have heard about the movie Facing the Giants (see the preview here). I've watched it twice since coming to Thailand, the second time being Friday night (as my friend Melissa can attest to since she chatted me on IM both before and after it!). I won't ruin the storyline for those who haven't seen it, but one resounding theme is from Matthew 19:26, Mark 10:27, and Luke 1:37 - Nothing is impossible with God! NOTHING!!!!

As I watched the movie last night, I really let that thought sink in. Why do I walk around defeated at times??? With my God, there is nothing that will stump Him. There is nothing that presents itself as a challenge. There is nothing too big for my God!

This morning for my devotions I read about Jesus' crucifixion in Mark 15. I was struck with verse 5: "But Jesus yet answered nothing; so that Pilate marvelled." Jesus could have said something but instead chose to answer nothing. One may ask why and the answer is clear - in order to redeem all mankind, Jesus had to go to the cross. If He would have said something in His defense, Pilate might have "pardoned" Him, so to speak. But instead Jesus endured awful punishment for me, and then on top of that, promises that NOTHING will be impossible for God!!!!

Wow, that's good!

So Christian, think about that the next time you see a giant mountain staring you in the face. Before you cower in fear before the "giants," just remember that you have a sure promise from God - NOTHING is impossible with HIM!!!!

3 comments:

Becky said...

I LOVE the message of that movie! I am always in tears (or close to it!) at the end...NOTHING is impossible with God! What an awesome thought!

Ashley said...

What a great reminder! So true!

Tiffany said...

I liked that movie too. They are coming out with a new one "frieproof" soon. I can't wait to see that one.


I often feel this way when witnessing, but I have been encouraged by a message Pastor preached - 3 strikes and you win. as long as we do what God wants us to do, we win - it doesn't matter what the person's response is.