Monday, March 9, 2009

The Ministry Of Encouragment.

I wasn't feeling particularly down; in fact, I was just in the middle of an intensely busy week! So my surprise was great when Abbey wrote on my Facebook and Rebecca chatted me through gmail. It was very nice to hear from them and I was so encouraged by their sweet notes.

Then the other day I was talking with Sarah, the wife of the computer tech working on our system right now, and I was asking her how they decided to come here to help us and she told me an interesting story. Apparently their church reads missionary prayer letters each week and prays over them. When they came to Bro. Tom's prayer letter, the pastor felt led to devote the entire service to a prayer meeting ~ praying about the computer needs we had here in our office!

I was baffled and just to be sure, I asked, "You mean, the whole service?" and she agreed. I don't think I can convey just how much that meant to me. To know a church in the heart of Texas devoted an entire service to pray for this missionary team was such an encouragement!

Between these three ladies, I was pretty encouraged. And the Lord knew I would need it, because we were going through one of the most trying weeks I've ever had in Thailand! His timing is always perfect:).

Now I get to go to work.... Sarah's husband spent a lot of time working on our computers and I think they are finally all up and running:D. Praise the Lord!

4 comments:

No No Nanette said...

What a blessing, Anne! God always knows just what we need.

Hope this week is a good one.

My Bright Corner said...

Awww! Sweet! What a blessing that I was a blessing.

Anonymous said...

Those busy weeks will do that to you!
The encouragement is like waters in the wilderness.

Wanted to say again that I enjoy reading your ups and downs through your blog.

Abigail said...

Oh Anne - I am so thankful that I was able to be a blessing! I guess it is true that the small things mean the most. I hope you have a wonderful day today, you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Abbey