Wednesday, July 5, 2006

PRAISE And Prayer Request

Tonight in church the youth/assistant pastor preached from Psalm 34 about PRAISING the Lord and PRAISING Him out loud. So pardon me, but I'm going to use this post to PRAISE the Lord!
Dillon's mommy called me today and said three things need to happen over the next few weeks, but the doctors mentioned the word "HOME"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's the PRAISE, and it all goes to our great God.
Here are the three things that are the prayer requests:
1 - Some tests need to be run.
2 - A feeding tube needs to be placed in Dillon's stomach surgically.
3 - T needs to learn how to suction out his mouth and nose secretions, since he won't be able to swallow for a few months. (This one is disappointing.... but David wrote, "I will bless the LORD at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth." ~ Psalm 34:1)
That verse really struck me, especially the word continually. I thought of my friends J and T and the *trial* they're going through. If anyone has a right not to PRAISE the Lord, I would think they would rank right up there. But J and T, just like the rest of us, need to PRAISE the Lord, regardless of the situation.
It's interesting to note that David used all and continually because I'm very apt to want to PRAISE the Lord when things are going smooth or I can see the future. I think you will agree with me when I say I enjoy PRAISING the Lord even more when I'm in a *refining-by-fire-process* because I know He is working to bring out His best in me. It is harder to do, but my relationship is so sweet with the Lord when He works in my life like that.
So that's my PRAISE and prayer requests. Oh, and one more thing. Would you pray for little Dillon's release to be on the 16th, if it's God's will? That would be his one-month birthday, and a wonderful gift for his parents:-D
Don't forget to PRAISE the Lord and count your blessings out loud!

2 comments:

Si said...

Scripture and Songs of Encouragement

God is so good to us. Here are some passages and songs that he has used to speak to me and encourage me in this difficult time.

2Cor.12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Psalm 23

1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.


All My Praise
Word and music by Audrey Hatcher

I will follow You through green pastures
And sing hallelujah to Your Name
I will follow You through dark disaster
And sing hallelujah through the pain

And even in the shadow of death (5 babies died in the NICU this week beside my son and 2 the previous week. How difficult to see and speak with the parents before and then after.)
I will praise You
And even in the valley I will say

Holy, my God
You are worthy of all my praise
Holy, my God
You are worthy of all my praise

You are seated on Your throne in heaven
And You see all of us down here
And You have promised You will not abandon
So I shall not fear

And even in the shadow of death
I will praise You
And even in the valley I will say

Holy, my God
You are worthy of all my praise
Holy, my God
You are worthy of all my praise

You made every star
And You taught it how to shine
You knew my name before there was time
All this is just part of Your glorious design
Hallelujah, Hallelujah

Psa 147:3 He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.

Through It All
Words and music by Andrae Crouch

I've had many tears and sorrows
I've had questions for tomorrow
There've been times I didn't know right from wrong
But in every situation
God gave blessed consolation
That my trials only come to make me strong

I've been a lot of places
And I've seen so many faces
But there've been times I've felt so all alone
But in that lonely hour
In that precious, lonely hour
Jesus let me know I was His own

Through it all
Through it all
I've learned to trust in Jesus
I've learned to trust in God
Through it all
Through it all
I've learned to depend upon His Word

So I thank God for the mountains
And I thank Him for the valleys
I thank Him for the storms He's brought me through
Cause if I never had a problem
I wouldn't know that He could solve them
I wouldn't know what faith in His Word could do



The hospital said that since we don't have insurance, the state should cover it, but we have to wait till he's out with the total bill to apply they said. If that doesn't work out we have Christian Care medishare which should covers upto 1,000,000. It is $7-10K per day there, so 3 weeks is about $200K. It would take 4 mos. to get to 1,000,000 The numbers are so high it's almost unreal. The Lord will be faithful to us.

Ps 37:25 I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.

-Josiah

Brittney said...

Thanks for the update! I have been thinking of Dillon's parents and praying for them and their beautiful son. I've been wondering how he's doing. Still praying.... and PRAISING!!! God is good!