- "You are so often in your own way, when you undertake to rear children!" ~ Peter
- Theoretically, he [John] believed that "God's work, done in God's way, will never lack God's supplies," but would it work out practically?
- So he [John] had the very thing he desired in going to Chicago, opportunity to prove himself the reality of prayer and the dependability of the promises of God.
- "God, who knows each sparrow's hopping, knows our little needs too." ~ John
- "There are those who simply cannot go and those who are free to go. Why should both stay at home for the same work?" ~ John
- "The Way is just Christ - and complete consecration to His will in our lives." ~ Betty
- "I am resolved, while I live, to live with all my might." ~ John quoting from Jonathan Edwards
- "It is not our faith we must depend on, but God's faithfulness - our faith being only the hand held out to receive of His faithfulness." ~ John
- "We keep on looking to our usual or possible sources of supply, forgetting that our real source of supply is the Lord, and that He can use anyone, anywhere, with equal ease and freedom." ~ John
- When God is second, you will get second best; but when God is really first, you have His best." ~ Peter
Tuesday, April 10, 2007
To Die Is Gain.
I picked up this book on Sunday night and began reading immediately. The first few lines were familiar to me; I quickly remembered I had to read this book for English in high school. But now I have my own copy:o) (written like a true bookworm!) and so I excitedly ran to get my highlighter as I delved deeper into the book. Though I'm only half-way done, I've run across some timely truths that I wanted to share... all are quotes made by and/or about John and Betty Stam, and by John's father Peter: