- This might be an odd blessing, but I am so thankful to have had the opportunity to room with other girls for 2 1/2 months and be responsible for making sure our townhouse looked presentable! I got into a routine of going grocery shopping, taking care of a house, dealing with "unexpected" situations (i.e. a broken air con!). I'm really going to miss the "ease" of throwing water on the kitchen floor, mopping the dirt up, and pushing the water down the drain! *Sigh* It was bliss!
- My devotional time has been so sweet! I've been following David in the book of 1 Samuel, and have jotted down so many lessons learned. The latest one I learned was the way David responded when an Amalekite ran up to him to say he killed Saul after Saul asked him to. David replied, "How wast thou not afraid to stretch forth thine hand to destroy the LORD's anointed?" It was a good reminder not to mess with the Lord's anointed!
- I've been working on a project, trying to get it finished before leaving Thailand, and it's done! (With the exception of doing some finishing touches:D)
- I found a cheap airline ticket online to go visit some family for Christmas! Last year I began checking in August for tickets to Florida, and refused to pay $200.00. By the time my ticket was eventually bought (by my brother-in-law) it wound up being over $400.00! So let's just say I learned my lesson last year.
- My "last" service here in Thailand was terrific. Bro. Tom talked about the marks of a disciple in 2 Timothy 2 and then we just sat around and chatted with another missionary family for a couple of hours. Sweet, sweet fellowship:o).
- Speaking of fellowship, I already know Sunday morning's service will be very special. Without fail, every time I come home from a trip (and this has been the longest time I've been away so I'm sure this will be true!) I soak up the moments and just thank the Lord for Lehigh Valley Baptist Church. That's not to say that I don't do that every service, but after being away from my home church for a couple (or several!) services makes me appreciate all over again what I have and remember how truly blessed I really am.
I can certainly go on and on, for the Lord has been so good to me!
Now it's your turn! What's the Lord been doing in your life recently? Anything? Have you taken time to thank the Lord for the air conditioner, cool water to swim in, and the pretty sky at night with the stars twinkling? I'm looking forward to going outside of my house and just gazing at the thousands and thousands of stars in the sky!
It might take you a couple of seconds or minutes to write out your blessing(s) but just think of the encouragement you're passing along! Leave a blessing!