Monday, May 4, 2009

Marking The Milestone!

I'm very sorry for your sakes that the senator post was the one you had to look at for several days! It's not (entirely) my fault though. You see, something called the phone AND internet being shut off at my house for over a week got in the way, although in hind sight it didn't really get in the way because I enjoyed the rest from instant communication. Carolyn and I were talking about it yesterday and decided that was the Lord's way of saying, "you need a break" because we really didn't miss having all that instant communication at our fingertips.

But as a result, there was no blogging done -- what can I say? inspiration hits early in the morning! -- and very little e-mailing done. I did manage to upload pictures on to Facebook, but that was about it.

For the record, the phone and internet are still down at the house. This post is coming courtesy of the office (*after hours! after hours*). But I felt as if I should wave at the bloggy friends who might still be reading my little 'ole blog with this little tidbit: you have been a captive audience for 500 posts. Yep, that's right! Five Hundred. Good grief, someone likes to talk a lot!

From my very first post (go ahead and read it! I'll still be here when you return:D) to those amusing moments (I'm easily amused; what can I say???), oh and let's not forget the Thailand section of this blog (124 posts? Maybe I should rename the blog to "From My Perspective In Thailand"!), I've said a few things along the way.

I've been very surprised at the post that has generated the most traffic and I've been known to do an embarrassing thing or two along the way, including almost dying of mortification. By now you know that family is pretty important to me and that I'm a big, and I do mean big traveller (did someone say "trip"?)

So since this is my 501 post, I would like to hear from you all! Tell me who you are and what part of the world you're reading my blog from! I would love to get more acquainted with my readers and what better way to do it than at a big milestone? :)

Oh, and for the record, I know you all are very jealous that you couldn't go to the Korean bar-b-que with us tonight... doesn't it look yummy??? :D

(My co-workers Pookie, Carolyn, and I)

7 comments:

lizzykristine @ Uplifted Eyes said...

Been reading for a couple years from the heart of Arkansas! Congratulations on 501 posts. ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm Amanda, and I do believe we've met! I happen to be from Emmaus, PA, just like you! :-)

Becky said...

Hello, Anne! My name is Becky and I am addicted to blogging...thanks to *certain people* who have inspired me (after all I have read 501 posts on your blog alone...give or take a few I might have missed!) I think yours was the first one I started reading...yours and Rachel's...thanks A LOT girls! :D (oh, I am from Emmaus, in case you forgot!)

Dave and Pat Christenson said...

Hello from Dave and Pat Christenson in Mexico! Yes, we've been following your blogs in Thailand and praying for you too! We were wondering if the Korean BBQ had dog in it? BTW, we just came back from an 1800 mile RT to SE Mexico where we ate "tepescuincle"--looked like a giant rat! It was yummy!

Amber said...

Hey, you. Amber, here. From good ole' Arkansas. (Where we have Sonic!!!!) I love keepin' up with your blog...reminds me of my raisin' in good ole' Thailand.

Smiles!

Aliene said...

Interesting blog! I'm not so sure about sharing the Bar-B-que. Tell us more of Thailand food. Intersting to know. God bless!

Jendi said...

I'm Jendi.
You know me and you know where I live.
Keep talkin!

P.S. I'm up to 776 posts. Oy!